Last night my friend interviewed me on her “Talk-N Angels” Radio show. Here’s the link if you want to listen to it.
It’s about my book and the hosts are great.
And then it hit me. I was consumed with all of this negative Self Talk, the same thing I teach about in my book.
- When I listened to the replay, I found myself having so many negative things to say about myself…
- Why is my voice so nasally?
- Why did I have to say “emm” or chuckle so much when others were talking?
- Why did I sometimes sound like word salad!?
- I’m not a public speaker.
So I quickly caught myself…the first step. And then I replaced it with what was really true:
- Heck, I actually sounded pretty smart when answering their questions.
- I was on a call-in line, so it probably made my voice not as clear as it could be.
- This was the first interview, and overall it went really well, and dang, it sure was fun!
I love how life gives us so many opportunities to grow and learn and recognize our best selves.
So I ask you, what have you said about yourself today that may not have been as loving as it could be? How could you change it around to be more empowering?